How To Get Permanent Residency in Canada in as Little as 8 Months

The road to permanent residency in Canada can be long and arduous. It can take up to five years to gain Canadian citizenship and many people are discouraged from trying because of the process’s length and the number of steps involved. If you want to apply for permanent residency in Canada but don’t have the time or patience to wait five years, there’s good news—you don’t have to!

In this article, we would share with you tips to guide you in getting your Canada PR in as little as 8months. READ ON!


Do I have to speak French?

Although French is an official language of Canada, most residents are English-speaking. This means that although many people will have a working knowledge of French, you don’t need to be fluent. However, if you want to improve your chances of finding work, it’s worthwhile taking some time to brush up on your skills or signing up for a language course through an institution like Coursera. You should also bear in mind that French is one of two mandatory languages within Quebec and you might prefer to apply for residency there instead (see below).

Do I need experience working in Canada?

The good news is that you do not need any experience working or living in Canada to apply for permanent residency. However, it helps to have a detailed business plan and financial projections that show you can support yourself while living there. This will be especially helpful if you plan on staying home with your children instead of working full-time. Be sure to account for all additional costs like daycare, school, transportation, and more when building your budget.

Do I need a job offer?

Yes. Though jobs are harder to find for new immigrants than for Canadian-born workers, you must be able to prove that a job is available when you apply for residency. You must also have a job lined up before entering Canada. Don’t lie—it’s against the law, and it won’t do you any good anyway. Employers generally prefer to hire local workers, but if they agree to sponsor your work visa and hire you, there’s little chance of their backing out later.

Can I apply if I have a criminal record?

A Canadian pardon may be one of your best options. Regardless of what you’ve been convicted of, you can likely apply for a record suspension (formerly known as a pardon) from both federal and provincial governments. This means that you are no longer considered guilty under law and may answer “NO” to any questions about criminal convictions on applications for residency. Please note that not all crimes qualify, so it is important to check whether or not yours does. To have your criminal record pardoned, you must wait 5-10 years after serving your sentence—or approximately five years if you were sentenced to less than 2 years behind bars.

Are there other ways to gain permanent residency through education or investment?

You can also gain permanent residency by investing $800,000 CDN into a Canadian business, or completing an advanced education program worth 90 points or more on a Canadian immigration point grid. For most people, getting your degree is easier than fronting nearly one million dollars; but if you’re willing to invest that amount into a new startup business, you could get your foot in the door. Be prepared to set up shop with permanent residency and call Canada home!

RECOMMENDED: 10 Government Approved Ways to Immigrate to Canada as an African

What’s the difference between Federal and Provincial programs?

There are two different immigration programs available to investors: federal and provincial. The majority of provinces in Canada operate their own streams for investor immigration, which are open to applicants from outside of Canada. At times, you’ll see both a federal and a provincial program active at once.

For example, Ontario is currently accepting applications under both its Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot (IIVC) program and its Start-Up Visa program, while British Columbia accepts applications under both its Immigrant Investor Program (IIP) and its BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration stream.

What are my options with the Express Entry system?

The great thing about Express Entry is that you can use it to apply for either permanent residency (PR) or a work permit. It’s up to you to decide which option best fits your needs, but if you think a PR will be difficult to obtain, applying for a work permit might be easier because its requirements are more relaxed.

To get permanent residency, you’ll need:

  • Two years of skilled work experience within three years of submitting your application;
  • A valid job offer from an employer in Canada; and
  • The ability to speak English or French at an intermediate level.

Depending on your field and where you plan on living, certain provinces may have additional requirements.

4 Reasons Why You Should Consider Using a Lawyer

Many lawyers offer a special service called Express Entry that allows their clients to apply for permanent residency sooner than they otherwise would. The program saves time and money by allowing certain applicants to pay an extra fee to have their cases reviewed quickly (within 8 months).

For example, if you’d otherwise be eligible for permanent residency after one year, using Express Entry can get you a work permit and a decision on your application within just 8 months! This is very convenient when it comes to dealing with immigration paperwork because it speeds up your overall transition into Canadian life. And it’s often worth paying a little more for faster service—if you think you’ll be happy in Canada, that is. If not, you can always move back home or somewhere else.



Getting permanent residency (PR) status in Canada is no easy feat. It requires a lot of paperwork, patience, and most importantly money. To find out how to get permanent residency status in Canada you first need to determine if you are eligible for it.

If you have an eligible partner or family member living in Canada then you may be able to apply under certain circumstances. There are also certain programs that offer a fast-track PR process if you meet their criteria. In addition, there are certain provinces that can offer you a temporary entry visa for one year, after which time, you can apply for PR on top of your already existing visa should your application go well.


For a complete list of job opportunities, see HERE.

Do you have any questions? Please let us know by clicking HERE, and we will be happy to assist you | Email: [email protected]

Follow us on social media to stay up to speed on scholarship opportunities:

Originally posted 2022-03-21 16:01:18. Republished by Blog Post Promoter

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button