A spousal work permit allows a foreign spouse to work in Canada. If you are married to a Canadian citizen and you are applying for a work permit, you are eligible for a spousal work permit. Although, there are many different conditions you must meet in other to be qualified for these permits.
In this article, I’ll educate you on what spouse work permit Canada is, and how you can apply for it.
When can you submit a spouse’s work permit application?
Both domestically and internationally, you can apply for a spouse work permit in Canada. You can apply for an open work permit as your spouse or your common-law partner without having a job offer first. Your employment or study permit’s duration cannot be longer than that of your spouse’s.
When your spouse’s quest for a work or study permit is being processed in your country of residency, you may be able to submit an application for a spouse/partner work permit at the same time. In such circumstances, your spouse will also need to submit your permit application together with the extra application fee for the work permit.
Conditions for Applying for a Canadian Spouse Work Permit
There are typically two sorts of work permits for spouses or common-law partners. Either an open work permit or a work permit obtained through a specified employer may be requested.
You can accept any job offer from any Canadian employer when you apply for an open work permit. You must get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from a particular organization, just like with that employer.
Work Permit Open to Spouse or Common-Law Partner Requirements
Any person who is the spouse or common-law partner of someone who is legally employed or enrolled in school in Canada is eligible for a Spouse Open Work Permit.
If a member of your family is employed or enrolled in school in Canada, and you meet the requirements listed below, you may apply for an open work permit.
- You are married or have a common-law partner who is employed as a skilled worker in a particular occupation covered by NOC, skill category A, B, or O.
- Your spouse in Canada must be able to work there for at least six months.
- Your spouse is an international student enrolled in a college, university, professional college, or another recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
- You are a member of the household of an official from another nation or a foreign serviceman or woman who is serving in Canada right now.
Application for a Work Permit through a Particular Employer
If you want to apply for a spouse work visa through a specific employer, they will need to complete a Labour Impact Assessment (LMIA) on your behalf. The evaluation enables the business to employ you for the position that most closely matches your profile.
For a Spouse Work Permit Canada, you must be a spouse or common-law partner and satisfy the requirements listed below:
- You must have applied for permanent residency under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada -class and have a short resident visa in Canada that is valid for at least six months.
- You may submit a work permit application in accordance with the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- You can apply for a work permit depending on your qualifications and experience.
The application procedure for a Spouse Work Permit is the same as it is for a regular work permit. You can either apply online immediately or locate a professional, licensed and controlled immigration adviser. You should consult an immigration advisor for assistance with your Canadian Spouse Work Permit. You must make sure you have all the necessary information before applying for a work permit.
You must provide a copy of your spouse’s or common-law partner’s work permit document with your application if they both have current work permits. Additionally, you must submit the supporting documents:
- A letter from the employer of your spouse attesting to the skill level of their work in a NOC, O, B, or vocation.
- A replica of the employment contract with the job offer letter for your spouse.
- A duplicate of the most recent pay stubs.
It’s important to remember that your work permit will be valid for the same amount of time as your spouse’s or the initial application’s work permit. If your spouse’s work visa, for instance, is good for a year, your work permit will likewise be good for a year. Additionally, you must satisfy any additional conditions established by the immigration office for a work visa in your field of employment.
You are qualified to apply for a work permit if your spouse or common-law partner is a Canadian citizen who is presently employed or enrolled in school there. With a Spouse Work Permit Canada, you can work and spend time with your spouse.
Originally posted 2022-07-13 10:00:31. Republished by Blog Post Promoter